Faye Mannion (“me” “my” ) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As with all shopping websites, I collect personal information from you when you shop online at www.fayemannionart.com (“my site”).
I use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. I need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you offers and promotions, subject to any preference that you may indicate when submitting your personal information.
This policy (together with my terms and conditions of supply and my terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal information and how I will treat it.
By submitting your information to me you consent to the use of it as set out in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Faye Mannion whose address is, Huddersfield HD8 8EP
INFORMATION I MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
I may collect and process the following information about you:
- When you order or enquire about my products I will need to know your name, postal address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and credit card details. If you have ordered products for a third party I will need to know their delivery address.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on my website www.fayemannionart.com (my site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use my site, subscribing to my service, posting material or requesting further services. I may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Faye Mannion, and when you report a problem with my site.
- If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- I may also ask you to complete surveys that I use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through my site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to my site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for my own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to compile aggregate information about areas of my site visited most frequently. This is statistical data about my users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, I may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can be thought of an Internet user’s identification card. They help me to improve my site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable me:
- To estimate my audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise my site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to my site, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can not read other information saved on your hard drive. They can not be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address. They only contain and transfer to my site as much information as you have disclosed to my site.
WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to me is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and I.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
- To help maintain the quality of my goods and services I may also use your information to contact you to request feedback on the products you have ordered and the service you have received.
- I may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information , to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you and I or they may contact you about these by post.
If you are an existing customer, I will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where I permit selected third parties to use your information, I (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you consent to me using your information in this way, or passing your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the any form on which I collect your personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may disclose your personal information to any member of my group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the unlikely event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the unlikely event that some or substantially all of my assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply my terms of website use [or terms and conditions of supply] and other agreements; or to protect my rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To outside research companies whom I may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on my products and services.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if I intend to use your information for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.